Invisalign® & Invisalign Teen®
If you have misaligned teeth and/or an improper bite, you know these issues can impact your speaking and smiling confidence. What you may not realize, however, is that orthodontic problems can also affect your oral health and may contribute to gum disease, tooth decay, and more.
Thankfully, at Murphy’s Landing Family Dental in Indianapolis, we know there are several orthodontic systems that can help correct crowding and bite issues, with Invisalign treatment being one of the most sought-after options.
What's involved with Invisalign treatment?
This system uses clear, custom-made, virtually invisible plastic aligners to straighten teeth. Patients wear these aligners for 20-22 hours per day, removing them only to eat, brush, and floss. Every two to three weeks, they receive a new set of aligners that will help move teeth little by little until desired results are achieved. The entire process usually takes 12 to 18 months, but this can vary depending on each patient.
Who is a candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign is a good option for people who have mild to moderate orthodontic issues such as crowding, misalignment, crossbites, overbites, underbites, crowding, and gaps. In order to determine your candidacy for treatment, our team will assess your unique needs and goals during a consultation, and provide recommendations based on what will work best for you.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Aside from being virtually invisible, there are several benefits that come with Invisalign treatment. These include:
- Increased confidence: Because aligners are clear, no one will be able to tell you're wearing them.
- Improved oral health: When your teeth are properly aligned, it's easier to brush and floss, which can lead to improved oral health overall.
- Comfortable: Unlike metal braces that can cause irritation, Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic that is comfortable to wear.
- Removable: With Invisalign, you can remove your aligners to eat, brush, and floss as normal. This also makes it easier to keep your mouth clean during treatment.
If you're considering Invisalign treatment in Indianapolis to help improve your smile, call Murphy’s Landing Family Dental today!
Contact Murphy’s Landing Family Dental About Invisalign Today
- Straighten your smile – discreetly
- Maintain your confidence while undergoing orthodontic treatment
- Continue to eat the foods you love
- Keep up your diligent oral hygiene routine
- Boost your speaking & smiling confidence!